- 4 hours installing and testing RTE package, and integrating it with my Reprints, About, and Links pages. The RTE is accessible after logging in to admin_login.php with "developer@example.com" as login and the last 6 digits of my S.I.D. as password.
TASKS ACHIEVED --
- Installed RTE package, changed permissions on fckconfig.js to 0644 (took some figuring out to do this on the Mac!), and integrated the RTE function calls into the pages with portions of text intended to be editable.
- Updated Portal and Page Description pages. (You mentioned in class that we didn't need to list all the fckeditor files on the Page Description Page, so I just put the folder on there)
PROBLEMS --
- I'm assuming, given the parameters of all the assignments, that having the project website 100% done to our satisfaction is NOT part of the grade for this class? I have a lot to do still on this cartoon website before it is finished... particularly finishing out the cartoon archives and database table, moving the site to my server from Zephir and cleaning out the unused files from the various root folders, and a fair amount of styling and fiddling.
- RTE will probably not be an extensively-used feature in my finished cartoon site, as I am the only one who posts there and I'll keep control over all content. As I mentioned to you, though, I will probably integrate this feature into some of my restaurant clients' sites so they can make changes to the menus as they like.
The control I give them will probably be limited to small chunks of text and prices on the menu and About pages, so they don't get themselves into trouble making changes that might ruin the site design. So, to demonstrate, on my project site I kept the images uneditable, and made only the text editable on the static sites.
No comments:
Post a Comment